Saturday, June 27, 2009

Strawberry Picking = Amazing Jam and Sweaty Fun





Yesterday, Blaubeere, Monkey, and I went strawberry picking! It was way fun, and I was really glad we went, even if I did get all sweaty. :)



There are more strawberry picking pictures are on
Blaubeere's blog.

Today though, we spent a while making some delicious strawberry jam! Yum! There are actually quite a few steps to making strawberry jam. More than I thought there were. As far as I knew, you just went and got some strawberries, mushed them up, and put them in a jar to eat. But apparently, I was far from right. :)
First, we went and picked the strawberries. Then we had to take the tops off.



After we cut the tops off, we put them into
Blaubeere's pot, and mushed them. Then we poured them into little half pint jars that we warmed up.



After the jam was put into the jars, we put them back into the canning pot to kill the germs and to vacuum seal the jars. Then we set them on the table to cool. It was loads and loads of fun!! I really enjoyed myself, and it tastes absolutely delicious!





5 comments:

  1. I have tasted some of the fruit of your labor and it really is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the jam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you came; I had a great time too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh.. what pretty pictures! It looks like it was a great time with great results. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks misskate! I had a great time. It would be fun to do it again. Maybe Mom will let us make jam when you come up. Then we can have fun making jam. Maybe Ritsumei will even come and help. That would be loads of fun. We could go berry picking again on Friday, and make jam on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete